UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Sep 2016, 1:14 am   #1
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Sanyo VTC 5100?

Being a Sanyo Betacord fan, I like to collect info about these machines. My question is, does a VTC 5100 really exist? My schematic manual says that the 5100 is a South African model so maybe that's the reason it is rare. I can't find any picture or info about this model. Does anybody know anything about this machine? Is it similar to the 5000 and the 5150?
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 3:05 am   #2
Sanbeta
Hexode

Default Re: Sanyo VTC 5100?

I do know when purchasing belt's for the Sanyo's they always list various other model numbers that the UK does not see.
I now know where most of these obscure models are situated. I have heard of the 5100 and it is likely it was a South African model.
I don't think I have pictures though.
Looking at the number it may be closer related to the UK's 5150 rather than the 5000.

........................Kev
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 7:34 pm   #3
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Sanyo VTC 5100?

Oh. Check this out. I think I found some pictures. I searched on the South African Google and I came across this machine. It's not a clone/rebadge. It has the word "Centurion" printed below the Beta logo on the tuner flap. I can't see any model number on the front so it's only on the back. The transport buttons look like my VTC 5350's ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$_20.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	129525   Click image for larger version

Name:	centurion.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	129526  
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 8:37 pm   #4
Vauxfan2k