UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Sep 2011, 6:21 pm   #1
Tim
Dekatron

Default Towers International Transistor Selector

Hi all.
I have just aquired edition 3 of this invaluable tome. Does anyone know if it can entirely replace edition one, that is to say contains ALL that edition 1 does + more besides, or does it omit some stuff in edition 1 so I'll still have to hang onto my copy of E1?
Thanks

If the former statement is true I'll have an edition 1 going spare..........
Old 4th Jun 2015, 3:55 pm   #2
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: Towers International Transistor Selector

Bump
Old 4th Jun 2015, 4:45 pm   #3
paulsherwin

I think they just got bigger. I have edition 4 and I'm not aware of anything being missing.
Old 4th Jun 2015, 4:56 pm   #4
Oldtestgear
Hexode

The problem with any reference (or manufacturers data book for that matter) is they contain the current data available. Obsolete parts are quietly dropped and data deleted.

Unfortunately the internet has made this trend even more obvious as parts simply vanish forever. If you have the space available keep every data book you have as it may one day save you hours of fruitless searching.

Phil
Old 5th Jun 2015, 7:49 am   #5
jonnybear
Octode

As Phil says, it is always worthwhile keeping data books, I have Towers, Jaeger,ECA, Mullard, Mazda, Brimar, they all have there little snippets of information.
John
Closed Thread