UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Dec 2018, 3:07 pm   #21
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: Off topic but what are they?

I must try and dig out my Viewmaster, which is a 'GAF' branded one with internal battery illumination. I also have the wall-wart transformer for it (fits a Schuko socket) and several sets of slides.

As well as the well-known sets of travel pictures, I am sure I had a set of 3 slides (21 images) showing physics demostations. I remember one image that showed audio waveforms on a 'scope.
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 6:19 pm   #22
Tractionist
Heptode

I'd go with Lawrence ...... I've seen such devices used for viewing stereoscopic aerial survey photographs.
Old 23rd Dec 2018, 12:48 am   #23
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

The construction of the eye pieces and the style of plastic reminds me of a childs toy, but the box it is housed in probably contradicts that theory.
Closed Thread