UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jul 2016, 12:30 pm   #41
Wellington
Hexode

Thumbs up Re: New threat to electronics?

Ah! Glis glis, the edible dormouse - another invader!

From Wikipedia:
"It was accidentally introduced to the town of Tring in England through an escape from Lionel Walter Rothschild's private collection in 1902. As a result, the British edible dormouse population, now 30,000 strong, is concentrated in a 200-square-mile triangle between Beaconsfield, Aylesbury, and Luton, around the southeast side of the Chiltern Hills."
Old 30th Jul 2016, 3:27 pm   #42

Default Re: New threat to electronics?

In my post #22 "The Romans ate them." I was referring to the Gliss gliss or edible dormouse (not wishing to end the competition early!). We had one in the plenum at work a few years ago, it left soggy tiles all over the place. The council came round and captured it, to kill later. I did ask if I could have it (once dead) to eat, no chance. Never eaten dormouse before, spoil sports. A delicacy in Roman times, would have made a good breakfast.

Old 30th Jul 2016, 4:12 pm   #43
julie_m
Dekatron

There doesn't seem to be much to it, besides skin and bones. Was dormouse the ancient Roman equivalent of a spicy chicken wing?

I bet it tastes like chicken anyway. Almost everything else does .....
Old 30th Jul 2016, 5:39 pm   #44
AC/HL
Dekatron

More of a threat to Masterchef than electronics perhaps. Time to wash up and put the pots away!
Closed Thread