UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jul 2016, 8:16 pm   #1
camtechman
Nonode

Default The Advice Given On Here Can Reach Far & Wide !

It's pleasing to see that the advice given on here helps each other and new members too, especially when those helped get great pleasure from getting a non worker back to life.

Sometimes the information from a long running thread & it's contributors adds to other's knowledge and can even enhance another's item for sale.

"World's 1st ever cassette tape recorder first introduced 1963 but not available until 1964. This is dated 1964. This is the rarest of all cassette recorders and highly hunted by collectors"

"It has to be remembered this machine was designed for speech (Dictaphone) and it was a few years before the idea of pre-recorded music cassettes was introduced"

"Original cassette tapes in 1964 were of a poor quality compared to the later ones"

"The EL3300 models, unlike the later EL3301 and EL3302 tends to run a miniscule slow. I have had two over the years and both had this very minor issue. This was an early design issue but this machine was a revolution in recorded sound. It marked the beginning of the cassette tape era"

Last edited by camtechman; 6th Jul 2016 at 8:22 pm.
Closed Thread