UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jun 2015, 9:31 pm   #1
Jeffreyabb
Pentode

Default Valves/Radios/Misc in auction North Yorks

Tennants Auctioneers have two 'large collections' of valves (many look to be octal/5 pin etc) plus a 'very large collection of radio and electronic spare parts' and one lot of ' Various Radios including Ferranti 146 (Bakelite), Bush Type PB61, Invicta, Ferguson Radiogram and four others' in their Scientific Instruments, Cameras, Tools & Natural History Sale on Friday 5th. They are in Leyburn North Yorks. You can see the catalogue at http://www.tennants.co.uk/Catalogue/Sales/453.aspx. The items are on the first page, lots 2,3,4 & 26. They do online bidding as well. I have no connection with either them or these lots - just bought from them before.
Jeff
Old 3rd Jun 2015, 6:55 am   #2
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Re: Valves/Radios/Misc in auction North Yorks

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd spotted the valves, etc on The Saleroom.com along with other radios, etc. Seems like a good site for a country-wide browse:-

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb#

Roger
Old 3rd Jun 2015, 8:47 am   #3
Jeremy M0RVB
Hexode

So many valves... must... resist. There's probably only one in that lot that I'd actually want of course. Anyway Friday is (allegedly) a work day so no chance for me.
Old 3rd Jun 2015, 12:16 pm   #4
Alan Stepney
Rest in Peace

The valves are tempting, but I prefer to look rather than use on-line buying, and Nth Yorkshire is a L-o-n-g way.
Old 9th Jun 2015, 6:49 pm   #5
Jeremy M0RVB
Hexode

The sale prices are listed now. The radios went for £ 20 but the valves - way too rich for me!
Closed Thread