UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2015, 9:26 pm   #1
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Default Old Bakelite radio in New Brighton

Hi,
On a recent visit to the UK I visited New Brighton on the Wirral. While there I went into Fort Perch Rock which contains various small displays and exhibitions. I spotted this radio set lying outside seemingly ready for a one way ride to the tip. It was resting upside down, which is why the photo looks odd.
I couldn't see what make/model (Murphy, Pye?) it was as it was behind a roped off area. I couldn't find anyone to ask about its fate, and my beloved certainly wouldn't appreciate me dragging it all the way back here! Hopefully, someone may spot it and effect a rescue.
Cheers, Pete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fort Perch Rock (18).jpg
Views:	246
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	107753  
Old 2nd May 2015, 9:29 pm   #2
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Default Re: Old bakelite radio

Hi Pete,

I want to say it's a Ferranti but don't know the model.

Cheers
Old 2nd May 2015, 9:41 pm   #3
Andrewausfa
Octode

146 and I want one
Old 3rd May 2015, 9:42 am   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Yes, anyone who leaves a set top-down on concrete outside must surely not be intending to keep it. Hope someone nabbed it.
Closed Thread