UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Feb 2013, 8:31 pm   #21
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default Re: Cotton Braiding Machines - wire covering etc...

I used to service the electrical controls on braiding machines for Lucas Rists Cables. Maypole is a good analogy. The individual bobbins of thread 'dance' around the central conductor which rises vertically through the centre of the spinning bobbins. Think of clusters of bobbins on turntable, rotating around each other, then the turntables rotating around the central conductor(s). The sort of machine used for mains-flex thickness was about the size of a large chest freezer. I can't remember the make but the braiding shed had alot of machines made by Robertson's..though I think they did the annealers as well. Either way they were mostly british made. I was there when the Polish guys came to take them away when they moved production to eastern europe in around 2000.
Old 1st Mar 2013, 4:54 am   #22
PWH
Heptode

This company, Twistlink
http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/reviews/vi...anyId=16543824
in Leicester made the braided mains cable for me . They were up for a challenge and could do all sorts of patterns. But there was a minimum order quantity. You never know they may have an old shoelace machine for sale..
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 11:26 am   #23
ScottBouch
Octode

PWH - great lead! I'm close to leicester!

I'll try to get in touch with them and see..

Many thanks, Scott

Sent from my GT-I8160 Using ForumTouch for Android
Closed Thread