UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2010, 9:28 pm   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Excess 'play' of P.U. arm pivot of UA6?

Not having worked on, or even seen a BSR UA6 autochanger before, I don't know if there is a fault, but suspect that either something is worn, or has worked loose at the base of the P.U. arm pivot assembly, which can be easily 'wobbled' about by hand, either with the arm on it's rest, or raised(pivoted) up to almost vertical. There is no play in my(admittedly much later)UA16 arm pivot assembly, nor on any other BSR or Garrard 'changer on which I have worked in recent years. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the cause of this problem?
Old 8th May 2010, 1:38 pm   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Excess 'play' of P.U. arm pivot of UA6?

I don't think you have a problem. Both the UA6 and the later UA8 had a "flexible" mounting at the rear of the arm.

Barry
Old 8th May 2010, 7:03 pm   #3
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Excess 'play' of P.U. arm pivot of UA6?

Having checked the mechanism a little more, I'm inclined to agree, Barry. A new stylus is now fitted to the GP93-1 Cartridge , and, at least at 78rpm, all now seems to be OK
Closed Thread