UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2018, 12:36 pm   #1
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

Default Unknown Transformer ID help

Hello All

I'm on the hunt for knowledge and have come straight to the source. I have a clutch of what I believe to be line balancing transformers made by Parmeko or Partridge (they were part of the same company it seems at one point). They measure 20 Ohm in and 25 or 40 out. Please see my photos. any advice much appreciated.

****************/giTCh9
****************/eXUw9p
****************/mm1yN9
Old 12th Sep 2018, 12:37 pm   #2
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

Default Re: Unknown Transformer ID help

Well I'm interested to know if anyone can confirm the manufacturer and or what use they were intended for, spec etc.

Thanks in advance

Dave
Old 12th Sep 2018, 1:13 pm   #3
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Maybe Pye telecom line interface transformers? Late 50s into 60s they they used 6 digit numbers for spares. I recall a lot starting with 2.
Certainly by 1968 transformers started AL. EG Westminster am dash mod transformer is AL21219.
Rob
Old 12th Sep 2018, 2:02 pm   #4
dazzlevision
Dekatron

They are certainly Pye part numbers.

Pye changed their part numbering system around 1963, following their merger with E K Cole (Ekco). Thereafter, Pye/Ekco group part numbers started with two letters, followed by five numerical digits.

I have a similar looking transformer that came out of a circa 1962 Pye AM/FM tuner (all transistor). It was the mains transformer.
Old 12th Sep 2018, 2:23 pm   #5
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

Thanks Robin

Pye makes sense as some other parts from the same source were pye ... and weirdly I have some transformers with AL part numbers too. So problem solved I think. You confirmed that too Dazzle cheers !
Old 12th Sep 2018, 7:26 pm   #6
beamcurrent
Heptode

I agree with the earlier comments they are indeed typical of the Pye construction and the 770xxx number are definitively Pye.

Pye used a large number of transformers types in the professional equipment they made, and in my case TV cameras and the like.

Did a list of them ever exist? Number, function, spec, equipment used in? that would be a very useful list if it existed.

Brian

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
Old 13th Sep 2018, 8:36 am   #7
Jon_G4MDC
Nonode

Very reminiscent of the transformer in a U450L receiver.
Top right in the lower unit of the attachment.

I have manual and can check part number. Once I have located said manual...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	U450L.png
Views:	80
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	169236  
Closed Thread