UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jan 2014, 2:14 pm   #1
liverpool
Retired Dormant Member

Default Oltronix Type LS14B 500Volt power supply

My powersupply is not giving full voltage and I have no drawing or manual.
Probably some of the electrolytic capasitors could be faulty, but I would prefer to trace the fault instead of starting changing all capasitors etc.
The Power has all necessary voltages for experimenting with tubes.
0-500V highvoltage, 6,3V filamentvoltage, 0-150V biasvoltage and more.
Main tubes are EL34 and the unit is stabilized with stabilizing tubes.
I hope somebody knows the unit and could give me a hint where to find a manual or circuit drawing. The Power is also produced with type no. M2511-109.
Old 12th Jan 2014, 3:04 pm   #2
ronbryan
Octode

Default Re: Oltronix Type LS14B 500Volt power supply

Is it anything like the Oltronix LS124R featured on RMorg? This has 0-500V 250mA 2 x -170V 100mA and -150V 100mA outputs. It uses EL34 as the regulator and U series valves in the control circuitry.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/oltroni..._ls_124_r.html

It is just possible that there are sufficient similarities to the design so that you can find you way around your unit.

Ron
Old 12th Jan 2014, 11:28 pm   #3
liverpool
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Oltronix Type LS14B 500Volt power supply

Thank you Ron.
But my unit is an older model. Looks like the LS15 (radiomuseum) but has more outputs.
But there are some similarities, so it might be possible to make a drawing based on the other models. Still original manual is wanted.
Closed Thread