UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2017, 8:49 pm   #1
Shaun1989
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sanyo G3002 Belt Change

Hi Folks,

I purchased a Sanyo G3002 last year that had been serviced and fitted with a new belt/ stylus. Recently i have had a bit of a problem when playing records, when the record is playing it keeps skipping back and forth. I think it is due to the belt, and wondering how to go about changing it. I have fitted a new stylus and the sound is there, but the record isn't playing properly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shaun
Old 23rd May 2017, 9:31 pm   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Sanyo G3002 Belt Change

Hi Shaun, and welcome to the forum.

A stretched belt would only make the speed vary, it wouldn't make the arm skip. That sounds like a tracking problem. Is there an arm lift fitted? If so, check that it is going down fully. If it's not, then the arm could be catching on it.
Old 24th May 2017, 7:59 pm   #3
Shaun1989
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Audio1950
Thank you for your advice

I checked the arm lift and noticed that the screw for holding down the arm was loose so gave it a few turns down with a screwdriver and it looks like its back to normal and working fine again with no skipping or catches.

Thanks
Shaun
Old 25th May 2017, 10:07 am   #4
Audio1950
Dekatron

Thanks for letting us know Shaun. Much appreciated.
Closed Thread