UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2017, 1:49 am   #1
Techman
Dekatron

Default Enertec Schlumberger 2641 counter

Enertec 2641 7.1 GHz Automatic microwave counter. I got this at one of the surplus equipment sales last year. I hadn't spotted it until it was held up by the auctioneer close to the end of the sale. nobody in the room seemed to know what it was and it was suggested that it may be something for detecting microwaves. No one was interested even at a quid, so just before it was about to be chucked onto the unsold scrap pile I decided that it had to be worth a quid even if just for interest.

It's a frequency counter, and seems happy to count well below its stated range. It's very stable with no apparent drift. It samples - about every five seconds on the highest resolution setting, down to about every second on the lowest setting. I know very little about this counter and have only been able to use it on the input settings shown in the picture. I don't have anything of high enough frequency to test the RF input via the N-connector input and I suspect that there could possibly be a fault with this section as the sampling light only slightly flickers when set to this mode.

As I say, I know very little about this counter and there seems to be little about it on the net. I've not opened it up, so no idea what the innards look like yet, but may have a look soon, particularly as the sockets don't quite line up with the front fascia openings, making it difficult to fit connectors and the re-set button has to be pulled out after being pressed, so some re-aligning of the innards is needed. It's definitely been opened before as there's some missing screws round the back. The case gets quite warm after a few hours, particularly at the back.

Hopefully some members will know something about this make and model and may even have a manual for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100414.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	142944   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100402.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	142945   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100403.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	142946  

Last edited by Techman; 21st May 2017 at 1:54 am.
Old 21st May 2017, 1:11 pm   #2
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: Enertec Schlumberger 2641 counter

Enertec 2641 counter. Sometimes a catalogue specification can be helpful.
I have rummaged, and find in 1975/6 the series 2520/2530, just getting to 1Ghz. So no help.
In 1981, the 2600/2700 series. with models to 2618 to 1.25Ghz, but clearly different from yours.
For 1987/88, the 2741 to 7.1Ghz looks very similar to the 2641. I attach the catalogue specification.
I find I have a copy of the manual for the 2741. Not a brilliant copy and in french, but readable, and with Enertec information so scarce, probably the best you will be able to find. It comes to nearly 50Mb, so if you want it, it will have to come on a CD.
wme_bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN4635_2741.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	142978  
Old 21st May 2017, 1:51 pm   #3
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Enertec Schlumberger 2641 counter

Many thanks for taking the trouble to look for information for me, Bill. I tried searching for information at the time and came up with virtually nothing. That's a very kind offer of the 2741 manual and I may end up taking you up on that offer, so we'll sort something out with an address etc., as you say, it'll have to be on a CD. I don't want you to go to a lot of trouble if a closer match for the manual turns up from anyone else, so if we could leave it for a few days and if the actual manual or other similar information doesn't turn up, then I'll take you up on your very kind offer.
Closed Thread