UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Aug 2017, 10:40 pm   #1
majoconz
Heptode

Default Unaohm Field Strength Meter FSM 5988

Hi Guys, this is probably not considered "vintage" but it's worth a try!

Anyone got a service manual or even just a schematic for this device. Dirt cheap on our local auction site, rather grubby externally but only dusty inside - given a good cleanup and switch cleaner on the pots and switches and it actually works quite well. The first mark on the level meter is 20dBuV but it's much more sensitive than that. Seems to have a TV tuner module inside and a reasonably large chip that's probably doing all the work. Frequency displayed down to 100kHz seems to be accurate. Continuous coverage from 46 to 860MHz. Case held together with Tinnerman nuts - all busted or missing - hopefully replaceable. Runs on 12 "C" cells and has a 5 minute timer on it which got me confused at the start! I thought it had an intermittant fault but it's intermittant on purpose!
Any help gratefully received - thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	631497979.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	148471  
Old 27th Aug 2017, 12:50 am   #2
karesz*
Heptode

Default Re: Unaohm Field Strength Meter FSM 5988

Hi,
maybe here?
Regards, Karl
Old 27th Aug 2017, 4:08 am   #3
majoconz
Heptode

Default Re: Unaohm Field Strength Meter FSM 5988

Thanks for that, Karl, but been there, done that. I was momentarily excited when I saw the "Service" heading - expecting to find a manual download, but no - they wanted to service the meter for 70Euros analysis the 80Euros/hour to fix it! Not counting P&P of course!