UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Apr 2011, 3:11 pm   #1
murphymad
Heptode

Default NVCF May 15th 2011

Hi All,

Although there are more than 4 weeks to go until this years' NVCF, I have just been told by Guy Peskett, who deals with bookings that there are only 19 tables left.

As we usually get a run of people wanting tables in the last week before the event, I can say with some confidence that it will be another sell out show.

We did have about 7 people on the reserve list last year that did not get tables due to none being available, so I suggest anyone wanting to book a table at the NVCF who has not yet done so, should do it pretty quickly.

all the best,

Mike...
Old 13th Apr 2011, 6:10 pm   #2
GrimJosef
Dekatron

Default Re: NVCF May 15th 2011

Does anyone want to share a table at the NVCF ? I had one last year and shifted quite a lot of stuff. I'd like to go again but I don't have enough stuff this time to justify a whole table. If you're in the same position please send me a PM and maybe we can get together and split the costs. I have a Mondeo hatch which has plenty of luggage space and I'd be driving it up the A34 from South Oxon, past Oxford, onto the M40 at J9 and then off again at J12 for the Exhibition Centre. I'd be prepared to consider sharing the car too if this made sense but we wouldn't have to, of course.

Mods, if you think this should be in a separate thread then do please split it off.

Cheers,

GJ
Old 13th Apr 2011, 6:19 pm   #3
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

If it's only a few items, perhaps no more than 10, you might consider using the Bring & Buy stall. 10% commission on sales goes to the Vintage Wireless Museum.
Old 14th Apr 2011, 9:33 pm   #4
GrimJosef
Dekatron

I've had a couple of responses to my request so I believe I'm fixed up with a partner thanks . I haven't been able to confirm this yet 'A' because your PM mailbox is full. If you can clear a bit of space then I'll be able to reply to yours .

Cheers,

GJ
Old 30th Apr 2011, 10:56 pm   #5
Danny
Heptode

Hi will there be a special display this year ? Danny
Old 1st May 2011, 12:23 am   #6
murphymad
Heptode

Hello Danny,

Yes there is a special display, but I am going to keep you guessing as to what it is.

It is nothing we have done before!

There will certainly be plenty to see.

There will be live demonstrations of the equipment.

Mike...
Old 1st May 2011, 8:30 am   #7
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

The Bring and Buy stall will be near the entrance. We use it to raise funds for the Vintage Wireless Museum. You can donate stuff for sale and 100% of the sale price goes to the Museum or you can sell on commission where the Museum gets 10%.

For items you want to sell on commission please try to label them with a sticker showing the price and a serial number starting at 1. We will add an extra letter to identify them as yours. Please also complete a list using the attached document. We can do all this on the day but it makes life a lot easier for us if your stuff arrives already listed and labelled. Stuff that is being donated doesn't need any labelling or listing.

The B&B will be open for new entries until about 1pm. We will close at 4pm, the end of the show. If you have left stuff and it hasn't been sold, please collect it. We don't have a scrap disposal facility. Don't forget to collect your money if your stuff has been sold on commission! You don't have to wait until the end for this.
Attached Files
File Type: doc bring_and_buy1c.doc (105.0 KB, 131 views)
Old 2nd May 2011, 4:02 pm   #8
ianm
Hexode

The NVCF appears to be scheduled for one week later than in the past, i.e. on the third Sunday rather than the second. Is this a permanent change?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year, as the revised timing means a clash with existing plans.

Ian McLaughlin, BVWS member
Old 2nd May 2011, 4:07 pm   #9
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Ian, it will save you emptying your wallet and filling the house

If you're bringing stuff for others to collect you are welcome to use the Bring and Buy stall as a transit point. Within reason! Please clearly label any such packages with both sender's and recipient's names. Anyone using this facility may wish to make a small and entirely voluntary donation to Vintage Wireless Museum funds.
Old 10th May 2011, 12:06 pm   #10
Dave Moll
Dekatron

So far I have identified that I am taking the following to NVCF:

two boxes of (Practical) Television magazines for omegaman
Jackson valve tester for Chriswood
two portable televisions for Steve_P
spherical television for Oldjohn_60
luminescent panels and KB Minuet for Brian R. Pateman
box Practical Electronics magazines and a few other goodies for the Bring & Buy

... and collecting:
Amstrad PCW magazines from KeithsTV
bag of components from valveman49
two monitor/keyboard switches from Brian R. Pateman

If anything else has dropped into my forgettory, please remind me by Thursday, as I probably won't have access to the forum after that until after NVCF.
Old 10th May 2011, 12:16 pm   #11
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
If anything else has dropped into my forgettory, please remind me by Thursday, as I probably won't have access to the forum after that until after NVCF.
You are also collecting Umatics and tapes from me. The Umatics should should be with me tommorrow evening.
Old 10th May 2011, 2:07 pm   #12
SeanStevens
Octode

I am taking up a Lafayette for murphyv310 (apprently somebody is picking it up from me).

I am also taking Grundig 3028 up for tedzed1 - he is apparently going to collect it.

Anybody wanting anything taken from Bath to NVCF please PM me.

SEAN
Old 10th May 2011, 2:23 pm   #13
neil29
Heptode

Ok then heres my list. im collecting a bag of components and a tv from Stan. some video amps from Jeffrey. a tube from Keith. and a power supply from Mike. and im taking a radio for John. and a convergence yoke for Mike bennett. hopefully thats all of it but if not can someone remind me please. cheers neil.
Old 10th May 2011, 2:32 pm   #14
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
You are also collecting Umatics and tapes from me.
I knew I would forget something - now added to my list. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 10th May 2011, 2:58 pm   #15
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Following an unusual convergence of the stars and planets, it looks like I will be able to attend this year for only the second time ever [on my way back to Rammy]. My one previous appearance was years ago in the early NEC days! The "new" venue is almost exactly halfway between our Bicester and Birmingham relatives otherwise we'd usually be on the M1 when travelling by car to the "real" North]. Just wondered if people tend to wear ID at Warwick, as with the N West events?
Dave W
Old 11th May 2011, 11:32 pm   #16
brianc
Rest in Peace

I am bringing an AVO Sig Gen for Shaman and picking up a TV chassis from A.V.Brown, an 1804 TV and 2 chassis from Chris and a transformer from Dave (dazzlevision) - I think that's it.
Jeffrey - I have three 40s/50s radio chassis in working order with full complements of valves and dials, a record player and other bits and bobs for the Museum funds stall. Will I be able to unload near the door?
Old 12th May 2011, 6:39 am   #17
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Brian, except for stallholders setting up before the show and packing up afterwards there is no facility to unload near the doors. The rules say that no trolleys are allowed in the hall during offical opening hours. That's definitely true for the huge ones available at the venue but I'm not sure if the small collapsible types or shopping trolleys would be OK.
Old 12th May 2011, 9:11 am   #18
murphymad
Heptode

Brian,

You need to come to the cash office and ask for a loading pass.
This will then allow you to bring your car around to door A1 and park to unload/load

You should ask either Jeremy or Jim in the cash office to get me on the walkie-talkie or mobile and I can show you where and how.

Best regards,

See you all Sunday.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL STALL HOLDERS:

Please do not load piles of items in front of your stalls. I will only have to ask you to move it back out of the isles.

The Fire Safety Officer for the site WILL NOT let us open any of the doors for early entry 9am until he is satisfied with the state of the entire hall.

The organisers get blamed if people have to wait, but it is only because of this or late arrivals causing trolleys to be left in the hall.

We have to abide by the Fire and Security Officer on sites' ruling otherwise we would not be legally insured.

Many Thanks,

Mike...
Old 12th May 2011, 9:15 am   #19
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Unless I've forgotten something (if so please shout!):

Taking:
Nothing.

Collecting:
Bag of components from valveman49.
Clock from Mikey405

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 13th May 2011 at 9:20 am. Reason: Update.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:44 am   #20
brianc
Rest in Peace

Thanks Mike. See you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
shopping trolleys would be OK.
Jeffrey
Do I look like the sort of person who would have a shopping trolley in my car?
Closed Thread