UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Mar 2009, 6:17 pm   #1
binthere
Retired Dormant Member

Question Philips 4307 4 Track. Advice required.

I have just taken possession of a Philips 4307 together with 6 tapes which otherwise would have been consigned to the tip.
My problem is that I do not have any of the accessories which may have accompanied the machine when new. What would these accessories have been?
Consequently without a microphone I have no means to record.
I would be grateful if anyone can direct me to a location where I might be able to acquire a microphone and any other accessories.
Old 4th Mar 2009, 8:29 pm   #2
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Philips 4307 4 Track. Advice required.

Any mike of medium impedance would suffice, also you can record direct from your tuner/amp to the 4307 via a 3 pin DIN lead.

Colin
Old 5th Mar 2009, 3:14 pm   #3
AndiiT
Octode

Hi,
The 4308 would have been originally supplied with a Philips N8302 500 Ohm impedance microphone, which exhibited a cardioid characteristic, and also a 3 Pin to 5 Pin DIN to DIN lead Philips reference number EL3768A/10.

As Doffery has already mentioned any microphone of medium impedance should suffice, the Philips N8302 or the Grundig GDM313 being ideal choices (both being already fitted with the correct mating plug); these microphones both occasionally crop up on eBay.

The DIN connecting leads, which allow you to record direct from a Radio or Record player may be obtainable from the likes of Maplins, R.S or Farnell but these days 3 pin DIN connectors aren't all that common.

Regards
Andrew
Old 5th Mar 2009, 6:50 pm   #4
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

As some of the earlier 4307 machines were fitted with a 3 pin DIN socket, all you have to do if you obtain a 5 pin lead is cut off pins 4/5 .

Colin
Old 5th Mar 2009, 7:07 pm   #5
binthere
Retired Dormant Member

Many thanks guys.
Closed Thread