UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Mar 2016, 6:51 pm   #1
bill knox
Hexode

Default National HRO-7 Meter mounting

Hi to all

Sorry I have been unavailable lately, what with a brush with the hospital and other family problems.

I collected from my daughter in France an HRO-7 that I bought last year, I have been working my way through it, changing the power lead and getting hold of a plug for the loudspeaker.

When the set was sent by the seller, he packed the meter up very well and it appears to be in good order, what he has not packed and I cannot see is, how it was fitted in the set, there is no flange on the meter for fixing, looking in side the set there is a piece of metal welded to the case, there are 2 holes in that piece, one on either side, and that is all.

I cannot workout if the meter is held in place with a spring or screws or if a bracket is missing.

Can anyone help me please
Old 30th Mar 2016, 8:30 pm   #2
Reelman
Octode

Default Re: National HRO-7 Meter mounting

There is a video on YouTube that briefly shows the internals of a HRO 7t, does that help?
From google there is a manual at http://www.opweb.de/en/model.php?id=5259 but having had a quick look can't see anything relevant.
Pictures show it mounted behind the front panel whereas of course, the older HROs had it mounted in front.
Good luck
Peter
Old 31st Mar 2016, 1:08 am   #3
bill knox
Hexode

Hi Peter

Thank you for coming back to me.

I looked at and downloaded that manual, but as you said there was nothing about meter mounting in it.

I also looked at the YouTube video and actually found 2 video's relating to the HRO-7, one guy said that he has sold his HRO-7 and I "think" that I have sent the other guy a message regarding the meter so hopefully I will hear back soon.

Regards

Bill
Old 2nd Apr 2016, 1:09 am   #4
bill knox
Hexode

Hi To All

I have finally managed to fit the meter to my HRO-7.

I took the top off the case so that I could see properly, what some butcher had done was they had cut off approx. 50% of the bracket for holding the meter and with it whatever was meant to hold the meter.

I made 2 small "L" shaped brackets and drilled a hole in one of the ends and with 6ba screws fitted them to what is left of the meter bracket, then bent them slightly so that they supported the meter, I then got a jubilee clip 50-55mm diameter put it around the meter and the 2 "L" brackets, tightened it up and the meter is held securely, its not original but it works until I can get another meter bracket.

That's another job done on the HRO.

Regards

Bill
Old 2nd Apr 2016, 9:35 am   #5
Reelman
Octode

Well done Bill, glad to hear you got it sorted.
Nothing more annoying than to discover a built-in feature that has been removed by a previous owner!
Peter
Old 4th Apr 2016, 11:54 am   #6
bill knox
Hexode

Hi all

The next thing I will be looking at in the hro-7 is, I have got 3 wires that have been cut, they all have something to do with the metering circuit, I am wondering if the previous owner decided to do away with the meter and the associated wiring.

The other thing that is missing are the 2 spring loaded clips that hold the coil packs in place, both are missing, but one of positions where the clip was fitted has been cut out, this will mean a bit of welding will have to be done, this will also mean the front panel will have to be resprayed so that will be quite a big job.

The main thing will be the 2 spring clips, does anybody know anybody that has HRO-7 parts for sale, I have contact in the USA that may be able to help, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Regards

Bill
Closed Thread