UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jan 2016, 11:26 pm   #1
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Index of Short Wave Magazine 1946 onward?

Hi All,

Has anyone compiled an index of the old Short Wave Magazines? I have searched on-line without result. I have almost a full set of issues from 1946 to about 1968 a few of which have the loose-leaf index pages, so I may be able to add some years if anyone has similar paperwork.

Regards,

Roger
Old 1st Mar 2016, 4:55 pm   #2
gm0ekm cecil
Tetrode

Default Re: Index of Short Wave Magazine 1946 onward?

I'll have a look, I do have several bound editions going back a few years.

Cheers
Cecil .... GM0EKM
Old 1st Mar 2016, 5:54 pm   #3
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Hi Cecil,

Thanks for that. I have been in touch with the editors at Practical Wireless and they do not hold any indexes for SWM. However, I have been loaned a number of indexes and added to those I hold I'm hoping I can at least make a partial collection of scans and perhaps use OCR to make a searchable document.

Hope you're well up there in sunny Shetland, I've been watching the TV series with interest! I retired from the survey ships in 2014, just as well with the oil price as most of my crew got the bullet.

Roger/G3VKM
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 10:54 pm   #4
oldgits
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Roger I am looking for a article in the short wave mag 1954 december on mods to the national HRO.Just wondering if you could help.Thanks Rhys G0AUF.
Old 24th Mar 2016, 10:30 am   #5
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Sorry, Rhys, that's one edition I don't have. I believe SWM published a collection of HRO articles, they certainly did for the TCS series, so you might have luck searching for that on related sites.

Roger
Old 26th Mar 2016, 12:07 pm   #6
Jon_G4MDC
Nonode

I reckon I have that somewhere.

I got a huge folder of HRO stuff with one set which has nearly every mod imaginable done to it - poor thing. One day I plan to undo it all.

Will let you know if I can turn it out.
Old 29th Mar 2016, 6:54 pm   #7
gm0ekm cecil
Tetrode

Hi Roger, sorry for the long delay in getting back to re the SWM index. I only have the index for issues from 1956 through to 1974 except for the years 1962 to 1964 which are missing, I'm totally baffled as to where they are, hopefully I'll be able to find them at a later date. If you let me know the dates you require, I can forward on the copies, it may take a wee bit of time, I'm going to be off the island for a few weeks soon.

Cecil.... GM0EKM.
Old 29th Mar 2016, 7:53 pm   #8
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Hi Cecil,

Good to hear from you.

I now have scans of the indexes for 1946 to 1987, thanks to several people loaning their originals. I'm hoping someone a bit more computer-savvy than I can convert the JPEGs into searchable PDFs.

Roger/G3VKM
Closed Thread