UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jan 2006, 3:44 pm   #1
ekcobeach
Rest in Peace

Default Bush TV 24C

Hi All, Vintage Television is not my field but i have just acquired a Bush model TV 24C.Can anyone tell me if these sets are sought after or how desirable they may or may not be.I realise its not really possible to give an accurate estimate but im also curious as to whether it has any monetary or swap value.The set appears to be complete,all knobs backboard etc and the CRT is intact with no signs of staining. Regards to all, Colin <ekcobeach>
Old 11th Jan 2006, 7:21 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush Tv 24c

Back in the 50s, not that I was there!, wooden sets were more expensive than bakelite. Now its the other way round!!

But its an old TV and has the same chassis as a TV22, and the wooden one is now getting pretty rare. If it's in good nick, get it running - it shouldn't be so hard. The LOPTs on those are quite reliable and alignment is easy.

Have a go, mate.

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 11th Jan 2006, 8:37 pm   #3
evingar
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcobeach
Hi All, Vintage Television is not my field but i have just acquired a Bush model TV 24C.Can anyone tell me if these sets are sought after or how desirable they may or may not be.I realise its not really possible to give an accurate estimate but im also curious as to whether it has any monetary or swap value.The set appears to be complete,all knobs backboard etc and the CRT is intact with no signs of staining. Regards to all, Colin <ekcobeach>
Hi Colin

Sad really but no real value compared to its "Cute” Bakelite TV22 sibling, those demand a couple of hundred Pound + on Fleabay in reasonable condition. As has been mentioned, no difference technically though, so if you are merely interested in the technology, the TV24 is the one to go for. I should imagine someone on the forum will swap or give you some cash for it - I would have done so myself if I didn’t have one already (pictured in my Avatar).

It gives a remarkably bright picture for something of that age. The TV24 is a relatively standard chassis for the period, old enough to be interesting, and simple (no “sea” of geometry pots or “monster” standards changeover switch seen on later 60s sets) but not so old as to have horrors like mains derived EHT. I just found the usual problems with duff "waxy" caps etc.

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 21st Aug 2007 at 5:07 pm. Reason: Font changed to standard Verdana
Old 11th Jan 2006, 10:56 pm   #4
Danny
Heptode

Hi
Didn't the TV24C have a different chassis to the TV24 with a tuner on the side?
I have both sets so will have to have a gander!

I reckon it would be better swapped for something you want rather than sold as they are worth approx. £30 to £60 depending on condition.

Dare I say it, the tube, if OK must be worth £30 if someone needed one to finish a project, if one could bring oneself to do such a thing.

Danny
Closed Thread