UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2008, 11:30 am   #1
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Indiana 100/200 chassis

After remembering the Grundig chassis in the other threads, I started to get thinking about the Indiana 100/200 chassis, another cheap one from the early nineties that isn't seen too often anymore. Does anyone know who designed and manufactured them? I'm thinking there was some Turkish connection (Beko?) but one some of these sets, it said "made in Romania" on the back, and the circuit diagram doesn't look very Turkish to me.
Old 13th May 2008, 2:50 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Indiana 100/200 chassis

Hi Maarten
I've seen a lot some of those sets under the Bush name (2114), also NEI, made in Turkey, many with EEPROM corruption. However, about the same time Goldstar had an almost identical chassis but with a different tuning circuit, and enough other differences to suggest they weren't made in the same factory - or even country!
As you say, not very Turkish looking, but I wonder if someone copied the Goldstar?
Glyn
Old 13th May 2008, 3:28 pm   #3
Maarten
Dekatron

You may be on to something, I seem to remember vaguely the Vestel 11AK01 through 11AK03 chassis were also some sort of Goldstar copies...
Old 13th May 2008, 8:44 pm   #4
dsergeant
Octode

The Indiana 100 was indeed one of the NEI chassis. On my website (http://www.davesergeant.com/dstv.htm) you will find a set of notes written by Dennis Mott, formerly of NEI, on various of their chassis including that one. Download file nei.zip from there, under NEI Service Data. And make sure you also download my Television Mag index program while you are there (will even tell you what is in the May issue of the Mag..).

Dave
Closed Thread