UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jul 2016, 1:55 pm   #21

Default Re: Classic car radio. MP3 and iPhone connectivity?

Just looked up Redirad, https://rediscoveradio.com/ seems the perfect solution. This question (of adapting an AM car radio for MP3 etc.) crops up quite often here. May be worth putting a post in the 'Parts Offered' section here. They seem to be done in 6 and 12V both negative and positive earth. Plug and play for 99 bucks, well worth it.

Old 3rd Jul 2016, 3:28 pm   #22
Tiggers
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Classic car radio. MP3 and iPhone connectivity?

"Cats have staff, it's dogs that have owners." Very true. I think Churchill is quoted as saying a dog looks up to you, a cat looks down on you, but a pig looks you straight in the eye.

Just been out enjoying some rare dry weather in the car, with great sounds from my phone via the Redirad and just for fun made a hands-free phone call, and then listened to FM radio from phone, although radio output is mono. If you have an FM radio the output is stereo. The $99 is only the start, around £75, but shipping the individual item from the US adds around $35, and then import fee (£8) plus VAT on both item and shipping costs boosts the total UK cost for an individual at around £120 - £130. The inclusive 'Club' price for UK classic car clubs is £110 to include Royal Mail Tracked / signed for delivery. I don't get chance to look in here often, so should I put my email address and phone number here? (It is already 'public' information because of my day job.
Closed Thread