UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 4th Dec 2019, 3:13 pm   #1
iLCacciLLo
Diode

Default Torque Acoustics Amplifiers - Schematics needed

Hello,
I need to do an overall service in a Torque T50B amplifier.
These were cheap solid state amps that were common for starving musicians and garage bands in the late 80s and early 90's in Europe.

I couldn't find any Torque Acoustics schematic anywhere, and also it seems the company doesn't exist any longer.

Is there any change anyone has any Torque amplifier schematic?
Or any info or contact?

Even if it's not from this amp, I have a feeling they are all based in same basic solid state circuit, so it migh help.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uupBoK0.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	194881   Click image for larger version

Name:	XaYVp1i.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	194882  
iLCacciLLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2019, 7:32 am   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Torque Acoustics Amplifiers - Schematics needed

Torque amplifiers seems to be an old brand, long since vanished as you say. The Thorn EMI label gives an indication of it's age.

Would think the circuit is pretty simple, a few opamps on the front end and a basic complementary pair or similar OP stage. What's up with it? Usually old guitar amps suffer from broken/tired IP jacks and the switches and pots need a clean for a start, check for short circuits, then check the power supply is ok and getting to all the opamps etc.

Good luck, Andy.