UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 27th May 2019, 5:06 pm   #1
trabant
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips Philetta special B2D14U does anyone have one of these I'm going nuts

About two years ago shortly before the previous Mrs Trabant left me for a 22 year old who didn't collect old rubbish I bought this philetta special which at that point worked but kept overheating its output valve. I set to work fixing that and replacing the smoothing caps then the proverbial hit the fan with the girlfriend and the Philips got boxed up. Anyway I have dug it out but I haven't got a clue where to to connect a couple.of components and could use a couple of pics of a good chassis. Basically the schematic shows R1 connected across part of the output TX on the layout but on the schematic it's not it's connected to one of the smoothers at one and and the output TX at the other now the output TX has three connections one side and four the other on the layout it has four each side I'm stumped ! If I connect it across it it's going to the same connection as the output valve and a 1500pf cap this gives me HT but one hell of a hum and very weak stations and no volume not connected I get no HT and no sound at all .
Old 27th May 2019, 5:59 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips philetta special B2D14U does anyone have one of these I'm going nuts

R1 isn't connected across the output transformer winding in the manuals layout, it's connected between a tag which is one end of the primary winding and another tag on the transformer which is tag that's isolated from the windings, in other words that other tag is a feed point to C2/HT out, as per the schematic.

Lawrence.

Last edited by ms660; 27th May 2019 at 6:13 pm.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:10 am   #3
petervk2mlg
Heptode

Default Re: Philips Philetta special B2D14U does anyone have one of these I'm going nuts

Here is an extract from the circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	184001  
Closed Thread