UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2011, 7:21 pm   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Question Ultra 64574 (Actually a 64534B) AM(MW) Not working & Autostop probs!

As per thread title. The function switches were all crackly but occasionally
some AM background noise could be heard, so out came the Servisol super 10
which was applied to all the switches. All the switches now operate correctly
with zero resistance between the contacts 'in use', but still no AM, although
FM, Gram, Tape, and Aux are all O.K. Can anyone shed any light on this fault, please. I don't have a diagram for this model.

The autostop problem is that, at the end of a record the turntable stops as soon as the stylus has reached the run-out groove, and has to be given a 'helping hand' to complete the switching off procedure. I've cleaned all the
grease from the cam gear, the trip pawl is free to move, and other parts appear to be working normally. Deck is SP25 mkIV(Rim Drive)
Old 10th May 2011, 10:29 pm   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Ultra 64574 AM(MW) Not working & Autostop probs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'LIVEWIRE?' View Post
I've cleaned all the
grease from the cam gear, the trip pawl is free to move, and other parts appear to be working normally. Deck is SP25 mkIV(Rim Drive)
Sure to be jockey wheel problem, due to hardening of the rubber. Mount the wheel onto a threaded screw which will fit the hole in the wheel snugly. Put a nut either side and tighten. Clamp the end of the screw into the chuck of a slow speed electric drill, and rotate lightly on a flat piece of medium grade sandpaper. Not for too long, though, you want to avoid taking too much rubber off, or there will be problems with it contacting the motor pulley.

Barry
Old 10th May 2011, 11:46 pm   #3
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: Ultra 64574 AM(MW) Not working & Autostop probs!

AM oscillator/aerial/detector?
Old 12th May 2011, 11:38 am   #4
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Ultra 64534B AM(MW) Not working & Autostop probs!

I've just realised that I entered an incorrect model no. in my original post. The correct no.
is 64534B!!
Closed Thread