UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jul 2019, 11:31 pm   #1
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default BVWS Punnetts Town Swapmeet 4th August

The BVWS summer swap meet at Punnetts Town Village Hall, East Sussex, is on Sunday 4th August.

For directions, see: http://www.bvws.org.uk/events/locations.php

Doors open at 10 (stall holders 9.30). The usual variety of many stalls selling Radio, Television, HiFi, Audio, Comms receivers, Test gear, Valves, Components, Spares, etc.
Entry fee payable at the door.
Ample free parking, hot and cold refreshments.
The BVWS stall will be there selling the usual range of capacitors, Deoxit, etc., so you can stock up the workshop. And a van load of quality items from the bulging BVWS stores at 'we don't want to take stuff back' prices! And all major debit/credit cards now taken at the BVWS stall!
If you have one or two items you'd like to sell, the 'Bring and Buy' stall is where you can sell your items at 10% commission to the BVW&TV Museum.

It's a members only event but guests are welcome for a sample visit. You can even take the plunge and join the BVWS on the day! Credit/debit card payments taken at the BVWS stall.

This is a great and friendly meeting in a beautiful location, in all a jolly good day out!

See you there!

BVWS committee chairman
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 9:49 pm   #2
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

Default Re: BVWS Punnetts Town Swapmeet 4th August

Hi Greg,
Myself and Phil Taylor will be there we will see you on the day!

Trevor.
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:00 pm   #3
audiomagpie
Heptode

Great, look forward to seeing you both there Trevor...

I forgot to add: If anyone wants to book a table, the organisers number (John) can be found on the events page link above.

BVWS committee chairman
Old 1st Aug 2019, 9:43 am   #4
David Church
Banned

Default Punnett’s Town Swap meet this Sunday

Hi all

The Punnett’s Town Swap meet is this Sunday (4th August).

Doors open at 10am (9.30AM for stall holders)

The British Vintage Wireless & Television Museum will be manning a stall with some really great bargain buys to raise money for the museum. We do not want to take anything home!

If you have one or two items you'd like to sell, the 'Bring and Buy' stall is where you can sell your items and either donate outright or give 10% commission to the BVW&TV Museum.

The museum is really getting back on its feet now and open to visitors (by appointment) and 100% of funds raised at these B&B events go directly to the museum.

For those who wish to pre-prepare their Bring and Buy labels they are attached.

As always, a polite reminder, please remember to pick up any un-sold items.

There are refreshments available and plenty of parking.

I look forward to seeing you there

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BVWS BRING & BUY LABEL.pdf (25.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: docx BVWS BRING & BUY LABELS.docx (12.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 1st Aug 2019, 11:21 pm   #5
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Re: Punnett’s Town Swap meet this Sunday

Punnetts Town Village Hall, Heathfield, East Sussex TN21 9DS (opposite school)

Jeremy
Old 2nd Aug 2019, 12:16 am   #6
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Punnett’s Town Swap meet this Sunday

A lovely spot and a family run event. My wife is happy to drive me up there simply because you don't need to pay entrance to partake of the homemade bacon sandwiches and or cakes in the "cafe" at the entrance! A non technical plus!

Dave W
Old 3rd Aug 2019, 9:14 pm   #7
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

Hi Greg, Myself and Phil are loaded up and ready, see you there tomorrow, it should be an excellent day.

Trevor,
Old 4th Aug 2019, 8:28 pm   #8
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

May I say a very big 'Thank You' to John, Brenda and team for making today a very sociable and pleasant event.

I sold three sets and came back with a Mullard MSB147 in pristine condition complete with a Amplion Eliminator as a bonus.

It was good to chat with everyone and have a general catch up.

Regards
Trevor.
Old 5th Aug 2019, 3:22 pm   #9
Ian B
Hexode

May I second Trevor's thanks, a very enjoyable morning catching up with friends, and the catering team are second to none!
Despite my best intentions only to buy reading material I succumbed to an attractive deco Ferranti - something for the cold winter evenings? The problem is where to put it; it can't stay in the back of the car for ever!
Regards,
Ian Blackbourn
Old 5th Aug 2019, 4:00 pm   #10
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

I did only buy reading material Ian but I was very glad to pick up some 30's mags, cooperating with another punter who was more organised with a spread sheet and filling in gaps from his collection. Nice to speak to John as well [whose younger family members are now running the Audiojumble at Tonbridge as he steps back]. What a great rural venue, especially on a sunny day. I'm not surprised there was a run on the excellent bacon sandwiches. No complaints at all, except for that hole at the car park entrance perhaps which badly needs filling in [our Kia has a particularly low front]. Thanks for keeping the event going!

Dave W
Old 7th Aug 2019, 8:43 pm   #11
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

I purchased a very nice Cossor '46' AC/DC radio in practically original condition that I guess dates from around 1935/6. Cabinet is very age related dirty but unscratched. I have cleaned a section of the cabinet with meths and it is looking very promising.

My first visit to Punnetts Town and it was a very enjoyable day driving through villages that looked untouched since pre war days. Thanks to everyone. John.
Closed Thread