UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Oct 2019, 2:08 pm   #1
JamesKinchUK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Prototype Fidelity 14 value?

So this I believe and what my grand dad believes is a prototype of the Fidelity 14 TV from the 80s. My grand dad was the designer of this TV and he was able to keep it after the mass one came out and it was bought by Amstrad.

This TV shows in colour and I have used it to play my Megadrive, SNES and N64.

I'm currently keeping the TV but I also wanted to see if I could find someone to give it some sort of valuation if I was to sell it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191010-WA0000.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	191635  
Old 10th Oct 2019, 2:38 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Prototype Fidelity 14 value

I think it can only have a value to you, sentimental value....a 3rd party could never appreciate this. Essentially it has little or no monetary value. I would just keep it in your Grandad's memory.
Old 11th Oct 2019, 12:56 pm   #3
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Agreed. If it was a prototype of an older or rare model, perhaps in a makeshift box with extra wiring it might interest someone, but this looks like a normal F14, and these sets aren't really of an age to interest collectors.
Still, as a sentimental item it's worth hanging on to.
Old 11th Oct 2019, 1:44 pm   #4
AC/HL
Dekatron

Does it have any identifying marks, for instance serial number 001 or some-such?
Closed Thread