UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Sep 2016, 7:32 pm   #21
hans
Heptode

Default Re: Philips K11, where was this set made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Anorak View Post
I'd forgotten the K9 but I don't think they were ever retailed. I only ever saw a couple which looked like a big version of the KT2.
The KT2 is a "compact" version of the K9. (and K11) It shares a lot of modules and other components.
Old 15th Sep 2016, 10:44 pm   #22
Maarten
Dekatron

The KT1 is closer to 'a compact version of the K9' if you ask me. It shares the power supply and several plugin modules and the general layout. The KT2 was an evolution of the KT1 and K11 chassis in some details but has many new design details that may have found their way to the K12 and KT3 chassis.
Old 16th Sep 2016, 11:06 pm   #23
hans
Heptode

I tried to feed the telly with some signals. I thought my HDD/DVD thing had RF output from the DVD/HDD. It seems that it only lets the RF input through the machine without adding something and to see what the machine actually produces you need to use some of the other connectors that aren't compatible with the K11. (This probably means that my Tandberg CTV1 Works as I used the same player With the same (no) result.)

Then I tried my VHS/DVD combo which also didn't work, but I was awarded with a blue screen with "STOP". This means the set is OK. The only thing I could see was the convergence need some adjustment as red and green were three pixles off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
The KT1 is closer to 'a compact version of the K9' if you ask me. It shares the power supply and several plugin modules and the general layout. The KT2 was an evolution of the KT1 and K11 chassis in some details but has many new design details that may have found their way to the K12 and KT3 chassis.
The KT1 is closer, but the KT2 isn't far off. It is many years since I saw a KT2, but I remeber the K9/11 modules were used in the signal path of this set, except from one (iirc). It also has two swing out chassis, one for sigals and one for deflection. When it comes to the power supply the regulator was different. Did the KT2 use the same chip as the K12 in the power regulaor and run on line frequency?
Old 17th Sep 2016, 11:33 pm   #24
Maarten
Dekatron

I'm not sure about the chip used in the KT2, but the power supply indeed runs on line freqency and the line output's basedrive is derived from the power supply's buck coil.

I seem to remember the IF modules and colour decoder may be the same, but the sync and deflection modules aren't the same as used in the K9/KT1/K11.
Closed Thread