UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Nov 2019, 11:41 pm   #1
glitteringprize
Triode

Default Jukebox lubricant

Hi all, looking for a good lubricant for my juke, an all rounder for mech and motors. I have seen that 3 in 1 oil is not recommended, any ideas please? I have bought a oil pen also to put it in.
Old 26th Nov 2019, 11:54 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Jukebox lubricant

That I remember from the Seeburgs I worked on seemed to be a very sticky but not terribly viscous dark coloured grease. Stuff intended to stay where you put it and not go walkies.

David
Old 27th Nov 2019, 12:38 am   #3
winston_1
Hexode

On my juke box the turntable was seriously wowing. I used minute amounts of clock oil on the motor bearings which seems to have fixed it.
Old 27th Nov 2019, 9:38 pm   #4
Doghouse Riley
No Longer a Member

Actually any light machine oil will do. You could put some grease on the gripper arm cog wheels. The best form of preventative maintenance is to use them frequently.

I use Starrett tool and instrument oil on my two Rock-Olas.

Unless you are using it to free up a stuck gripper arm slider, keep WD40 well away from it, particularly leaf switches and wobble plates.
Old 28th Nov 2019, 8:05 pm   #5
glitteringprize
Triode

Thanks guys
Closed Thread