UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Nov 2013, 8:06 pm   #41
Dave Anderson
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Tapesponding

Please forgive the blatantly obvious plug but for those interested in tapesponding it seems appropriate to give details of the two main UK clubs still in existence.

The Chatterbox Recording Club can be contacted by sending an email to Maureen Copping as follows:

maureencopping@yahoo.co.uk

If you give her your name and address I'm sure she will send you a membership form or answer any enquiries you may have.

The National Tape Club can be contacted by sending an email to Maurice Day as follows:

Maurice.day@btinternet.com

Again, I'm sure Maurice will send you the appropriate form if you wish to join.

I have no shame in plugging these clubs. We would love to see some new members.

Dave.
Old 27th Feb 2016, 8:09 pm   #42
hetheron
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Anderson View Post
Well, that's two ex-WWTT members. I wonder if there any others out there? Come to think of it there were lots of other tapesponding clubs. Some that I can remember (but didn't actually join) included "Tapeworms International", "The Far and Wide Club", "The Indiana Recording Club" and "The National Tape Club".
Yes another one has crawled out of the woodwork... me!
I came across this site by accident when googling Tapeworms.
So many happy memories of our Tapesponding days with Tapeworms Int., WWTT and Charlie Towers.. Remembering Round Robins always brings to mind the name Ray Sessions? If I remember correctly he was a bus driver around Tees-side. Out of the blue I said his name out loud and my wife immediately said Round Robins! Seems even after 50 years, she remembers!
Happy days so must go and read the rest of the posts.
Old 28th Feb 2016, 3:39 pm   #43
Dave Anderson
Retired Dormant Member

Nice to hear from you hetheron. I'm afraid I don't remember Ray Sessions. Maybe he was before my time or belonged to a different tapesponding club.

There is a blog on the internet which tries to keep tapesponding alive.

www.tapesponding.wordpress.com

You may wish to take a look. Sadly, since the start of this thread the Chatterbox Recording Club has closed down. On a happier note, the National Tape Club is still doing well. It is probably the only tapesponding club left. Unless I'm mistaken.

Dave.
Closed Thread