UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jul 2014, 12:44 pm   #1
humorist2751
Pentode

Default Tele Concept "Garfield" novelty telephone

Greetings to all.

I have been asked to look at one of these old novelty telephones - apologies if this doesn't qualify as "vintage" enough.

His eyes were a bit sluggish, but these are in the base unit, so a good clean solved that.

However, the handset - where all the electronics are - is proving more recalcitrant. After removing any obvious trim, like the button surround and the number slip, and removing the only two obvious screws, I happily imagined it would simply unclip from that point.

Sadly, that did not happen. Something seems to be holding it fast, but I can see no obvious remaining fixings - at least, none that are apparent from the outside.

Obviously, I do not want to force things, and risk breaking irreplaceable parts of the handest casing - so does anyone have experience of this model who can make any suggestions? A search of the wider internet, and indeed of this forum, has not borne any fruit; while I can find these advertised for sale, there seems to be no service information to be had (same old story, I suppose).

Any and all hints will be gratefully received!
Closed Thread