UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jul 2014, 9:36 am   #1
keithinuk
Retired Dormant Member

Default Not exactly vintage

I have added some more phones to my collection, nothing special, more common later ones, as I said they are not what I would call vintage, anyway I came across this red phone, it was pretty dirty to say the least but cleaned up quite well.
Its a TSR 8005 type B (no bell or redial), I have only found a little information about it, so is STM 83/2, the date of the phone?
The other thing is the microphone, transmitter, what ever the correct name for it is, is on the quiet side, can I replace it with one from a similar model or aged phone.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	94873  
Old 7th Jul 2014, 10:52 pm   #2
Mike Fletcher
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Not exactly vintage

Yes, it called a 'Candlestick' made by STC and was available in red, white or black.

There are some further pictures and a little more info on my Telephones UK web site HERE
Old 11th Jul 2014, 3:01 pm   #3
keithinuk
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for the reply, yes candlestick, I think I worked that out, made in Black or white and later introduced in red.
Not much info on the net that was why I was asking.
Old 11th Jul 2014, 9:06 pm   #4
Jim_746
Pentode

Yes, 83 is the manufacture year of your phone. If you haven't seen it already this site might be of interest: http://www.britishtelephones.com/tsr1005.htm

Regards,

Jim