UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Dec 2021, 2:41 pm   #1
TimothyStuart
Triode

Default B&O Mini Deluxe 609.

I wonder if anyone can help me with the correct orientation of the ferrite rod in this radio. It can rotate within the limits of the cables but there is no mechanical means of rotating it by a knob once the radio is inside its housing. I don't like the idea of it being able to turn if the radio was moved or tilted.
It is a simple job to prevent from turning with a small blob of glue. Any thoughts please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4131.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	247956  
Old 16th Dec 2021, 3:22 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: B&O Mini Deluxe 609.

I would guess the rod should be oriented for best signal pickup when the set is installed in its operating location which would normally not change very often. If the set is regularly moved about then any orientation will be as good or bad as any other. If you set the alignment parallel to the chassis then at least you'll know where it is and that signals will be strongest from the front or rear directions and least from the sides.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 17th Dec 2021, 9:20 am   #3
Kentode
Octode

Rather than using something permanent like glue, I'd suggest that a wax candle dripped onto the base of the aerial would be sufficient to stop accidental movement but easily removed if, at a later date, you change the location of the radio.

Watch out for the flame, you don't want to melt anything!

BVWS member
Old 17th Dec 2021, 9:43 am   #4
TimothyStuart
Triode

Thank you both. I especially like the wax idea
Closed Thread