UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements

Notices

Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements For discussions about the 'forum courier service' and other arrangements to get sets and parts from one forum member to another. For non-commercial transactions only.

Old 20th May 2020, 7:42 pm   #1
ekjdm14
Heptode

Default 2x Oscilloscopes Leeds to Cheshire/Congleton?

Doubtful given the current situation even if things do seem to be relaxing somewhat, but would anyone happen to be travelling from/through Leeds area to/past Congleton who'd be able to transport a pair of oscilloscopes for a small fee?

Cheers,
Old 20th May 2020, 8:28 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler
Dekatron

Default Re: 2x Oscilloscopes Leeds to Cheshire/Congleton?

I'm stuck in Scotland where there is no relaxation yet....

However, if something approaching normality should ever break out, I'm likely to wend my way down through Leeds to Huddersfield and onwards to visit friends in Romily/Disley part of the world. This will probably happen , but the when is highly speculative.

David

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 21st May 2020 at 6:35 pm. Reason: Covid-19
Radio Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 10:59 pm   #3
ekjdm14
Heptode

That would be fantastic if it were to happen, there's also a possibility I may need further items collected from near J33 of the M1 depending on whether Reelman, Willum and myself come to some arrangement over the test gear offered.

That's only about 20 miles if we went up over Rainow way (lovely scenic roads up there). What kind of remuneration would you see fit if able to help?

ekjdm14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 12:07 am   #4
Radio Wrangler
Dekatron

Nothing. Mucking about with radio and test gear is a hobby. I don't do it for money.

David

Radio Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 6:34 pm   #5
Paul Stenning
Administrator

One post about Covid-19 deleted and three others edited. Be thankful I didn't just delete the whole thread.

Please check the sticky thread.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Committee Member
Paul Stenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 8:35 pm   #6
ekjdm14
Heptode

Apologies Paul, not a deliberate flouting of rules I'm sure you're aware.

And thank you, David. I would like to make a token gesture at the very least though if this goes ahead. Any particular favourite brand of beer/spirit/biscuit or suchlike ?
Old 22nd May 2020, 1:40 am   #7
Radio Wrangler
Dekatron

That's easy, just do a favour sometime for someone else who needs one. I've met some very generous people in this group and I'm happy to do what I can.

I'm hoping to do some travelling in the area concerned. I'll be coming down the A68/A1/M1, not far from Richmond, passing through Leeds, also I've been to Peter's in Rotherham before, which isn't far out of my way, and I intend visiting friends in the eastern end of Cheshire.

Timing is complicated in that my journey would have to be allowable in both Scotland and England. Also, my father is close to turning 90, so I won't go until I feel confident that it doesn't expose him to any risk.

David
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:39 pm   #8
ekjdm14
Heptode

Thank you, yes no problem in paying it forward that works well for me. The seller of the oscilloscopes has said he's no problem waiting as long as it takes so that's good.

There's interest from others on the items Peter is picking up so will defer to those if they're able to collect sooner, rather than him having kit lying round taking up space.

Thank you very much indeed.