UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 5th Apr 2018, 7:51 pm   #21
stevedee
Triode

Default Re: Radio Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by telstar View Post
...It is a shame that night time reception is marred by interference by neighboring foreign stations...
An external loop/frame aerial may overcome that interference problem, or you could stream from the internet and modulate a pantry transmitter, or signal oscillator/modulator: https://captainbodgit.blogspot.co.uk...ck-on-199.html
stevedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2018, 1:54 pm   #22
telstar
Heptode

Hi stevedee. Many thanks for your reply and information. I will try and obtain an external loop/frame aerial in order to improve the night time reception.
I really enjoyed that celebration in September 2017 at Felixstowe, Suffolk,for Radio Caroline. It was really hard to believe that this marked the start of the station's return - and about time too!
Personally speaking, I have never lived in such a country whose authorities were so obsessed in controlling what you could listen to on the radio!
I heard that the BBC were once interested in providing entertainment for people, but the arrival of Lord Reith put an end to all that as education came first.
Regards
Mike
telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2018, 2:02 pm   #23
telstar
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinshack View Post
I only really remember listening to them back in 1964 -67.
If they are playing Earth and Fire, I only hope they are covered for Storm and Thunder! Brilliant symphonic rock music.
Seriously, I must get around to having a listen soon.
Rob
Hi. Yes I agree that Earth & Fire make really great rock music. I have most of their albums either on vinyl and compact disc. Recently I read that Jerney Kaagman (lead singer) had not been well (can not really confirm this). A lot of people have no idea about this group, and (rather irritatingly) think that you mean the American band with a similar name!
Cheers
Mike
telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2018, 9:33 pm   #24
Boom
Nonode

Banging a rock solid signal in here tonight (Wiltshire) for the last two hours on 648kHz.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2018, 9:56 pm   #25
michamoo
Hexode

Always good night and day here near Cambridge
Old 7th Apr 2018, 10:51 pm   #26
Boom
Nonode

Worth moving to the east coast for.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2018, 6:47 pm   #27
Beobloke
Hexode

Great report and pictures, but am I the only one most upset to see a turntable platter being used as a mouse mat?!
Beobloke is offline   Reply With Quote