UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 1st Apr 2018, 4:43 pm   #1
Thatvalveguy
Triode

Default New Member from the Netherlands,

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself, im 22 from the Netherlands.

My interests include measurement equiptment, electron tubes (Been hobbying with the thermeonic Fets since i was about 16) I built multiple homebrew valve testers to my own designs.

Anyway the reason for signing up to this forum is that due to the fact that the Sussex valve tester has become rather popular on this forum, and most of the Dutch language forums the interest in these projects is quite limited.
Thatvalveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2018, 8:11 pm   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: New Member from the Netherlands,

Hi and welcome; as far as I know there have been at least 90 Sussex's built by the number of transformers supplied, and there have been many more queries.
I look forward to seeing some of your postings on your testers.
Have you built any curve tracers?

Ed
Ed_Dinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 7:41 am   #3
Kevin Hoyland
Hexode

Hello and good morning and welcome to the Forum.

Kevin.
Kevin Hoyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 9:10 am   #4
vinrads
Octode

Hello From a snow covered Chesterfield , I may just make it to the workshop though. Mick.
vinrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 9:48 am   #5
60 oldjohn
Nonode

Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice to have some one young that is interested in the vintage electronics that use proper wire connections, rather than the Bluetooth tech.

John
60 oldjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 3:13 pm   #6
tealandsilver
Tetrode

Hello and good afternoon from Scotland, welcome to a helpful and enthusiastic forum.
tealandsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 4:09 pm   #7
Thatvalveguy
Triode

Personally i like point to point wiring with ceramic standoffs(The tektronix way) however given that professional looking PCB's can be outsourced to China for less then the materials to needed to etch them yourself, the future of homebrew could be in computer aided design.

I have not built curve tracers, i consider them novelties because they are not tube testers, most of the time the dissipation is inadequate to find issues in output valves. I have an old Philips curve tracer that needs some TLC.

A good homebrew tester is all about a very stable grid supply, and perhaps higher resolution then the 2000 count panel meters will offer.

My last project was a prototype supply, that can regulate between 0 and -100V and allows the measurement of grid current on a 200uA scale.

I will devote a post to some of my ideas.
Thatvalveguy is offline   Reply With Quote