UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jul 2019, 1:32 pm   #1
Dylan85
Pentode

Default Complete HF setup valuation please

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but if not mods please move as appropriate.
It is with great reluctance that I have decided to move on all my HF gear. It was put into temporary storage a few years ago and since then it hasn't been used in anger and to be quite honest I can't see that changing anytime soon. So, below is a list of things to go but I must admit that as for current prices, I am a bit out of touch, so if anyone can help that would be very much appreciated.
1. Kenwood TS140S in full working order complete with 500Hz CW filter and fist mic. I will also supply a complete photo copy of the Service manual for the TS140 which is fairly comprehensive and includes part lists, schematics, PCB layouts etc.
2. VC300DLP atu.
3. Yaesu FF-501 low pass filter.
4. SX200 SWR/Power meter.
5. EP925 30 amp DC power supply.
6. Full size G5RV antenna.
7. Kent straight key.
There are also a few assorted coaxial cables thrown into the bag as well.
So there you have it. As I said above, it is with heavy heart that I must move this kit on and I would love this to go to a good home, ideally, though not essentially all together. All of the above have been well looked after and have no more than odd scuffs or scratches in keeping with used gear. There are no dings, dents or other major issues.
OK over to you guys. Can anyone help with am idea of prices, or can any of you offer s good home for the above? I can supply photos etc if pm me via this forum.
Dylan
Old 19th Jul 2019, 9:44 am   #2
Steve G4WCS
Heptode

Default Re: Complete HF setup valuation please

rough idea going off internet prices

1. Kenwood TS140S £150
2. VC300DLP atu. £80
3. Yaesu FF-501 low pass filter. £10
4. SX200 SWR/Power meter. £30-50
5. EP925 30 amp DC power supply. £50-60
7. Kent straight key. £40

It's not a matching branded line up so probably best to list items separately on eBay, 7 day listing, to end on a Saturday night when there's no proper man telly on. Offering postage will bring a higher price. Put a reserve on if you like but radio gear usually finds its own level
Old 19th Jul 2019, 8:42 pm   #3
Dylan85
Pentode

Only one surprise there with the TS140. I had hoped it was worth a bit more.
The rest of the kit is probably what I would have guessed.
Thank you Steve, now I must decide what to do next.
D
Old 19th Jul 2019, 11:04 pm   #4
Steve G4WCS
Heptode

No probs, they’re a bit of an inbetween radio, in terms of kenwood history, its when it all went a bit cheap and cheerful, and plasticy, and not widebandeable so no use to the cb crew. Keep it if you don’t need the money and have fun when the sun wakes up in a few years, I’m on my third cycle of selling up and starting again
Old 20th Jul 2019, 10:42 am   #5
Mike. Watterson
Heptode

Or Sunday night?
Old 20th Jul 2019, 1:40 pm   #6
stevehertz
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G4WCS View Post
rough idea going off internet prices

1. Kenwood TS140S £150
2. VC300DLP atu. £80
3. Yaesu FF-501 low pass filter. £10
4. SX200 SWR/Power meter. £30-50
5. EP925 30 amp DC power supply. £50-60
7. Kent straight key. £40

It's not a matching branded line up so probably best to list items separately on eBay, 7 day listing, to end on a Saturday night when there's no proper man telly on. Offering postage will bring a higher price. Put a reserve on if you like but radio gear usually finds its own level
Each to their own re the best time to start and finish Ebay ads. I try to start mine on a Thursday night at 6.30 and run them for 10 days to finish on Sunday evening at 6.30 (of course). My thinking is, 10 days spans not one but two full weekends when people get more time to browse, and most people don't go out on Sunday night, with 6.30 falling in between getting back after a day out, and if they are going out in the evening, before they do so. Also - a bit of psychology here - on a Sunday night a lot of folk are thinking about going back to work and may bid to bring a bit of happiness into their last night of freedom!

Best of luck with the sale.
Old 20th Jul 2019, 2:40 pm   #7
Steve G4WCS
Heptode

Saturday night, blokes are more likely to have had a couple of beers and more likely to get a bit giddy with last minute bids ����
Old 20th Jul 2019, 2:41 pm   #8
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Done that before!
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 7:52 am   #9
crackle
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post

Each to their own re the best time to start and finish Ebay ads. I try to start mine on a Thursday night at 6.30 and run them for 10 days to finish on Sunday evening at 6.30 (of course).
I agree, that's what we do if we sell anything.

Mike
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 9:57 am   #10
Peter.N.
Dekatron

Check the 'sold items' box at the bottom of the left hand side on ebay listings, it will tell you what price previous sales made - if they have sold any.

Peter
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 10:26 am   #11
MrBungle
Dekatron

Worth listing them for buy it now prices ~ £20 above the price and be patient. Drop the price £5 a go until they sell every few days. Takes a couple of weeks but people bite. I rarely run anything as an auction now after overestimating demand for some things and ending up making less than £1 out of it and losing a box

The Sunday evening around 8pm after the 1st of the month has the highest end prices. People are paid and rested
Closed Thread