UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2020, 1:17 pm   #1
TheDocker
Diode

Default Commonwealth Gramophones

My first gramophone received yesterday, poorly packaged and a bit battered as a consequence, is called a Commonwealth table top Gramophone. I can't find any information about the brand online. Does anyone have any information to share or point me in the direction? It has had some bad repair work on it, and I'm guessing it was a cheap, budget version of more popular makes given the quality of the construction. It was sold as working, but the transit damage makes this impossible to try. Its fixable though.

I can't say if the motor is ok until I repair the wooden board its screwed to, this has cracked. The horn was also damaged and the glue is setting on that already.

The faint label on the inside states it was provided by Jones Gramophone Emporium on Pilgrim Street, Ludgate Hill. London EC4.

Any history on this would be appreciated.
Old 25th May 2020, 3:12 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Commonwealth Gramophones

Is this vintage or a modern reproduction?
Can you post a picture or two to assist in tracing any history.
Closed Thread