UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jan 2020, 6:07 pm   #21
William275
Triode

Default Re: Another Ferguson Radiogram 387RG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William275 View Post
I think my bush record player has a ronnette one fitted. And that has the best sound out of all of them. For now I have just ordered a new stylus. I prefer the look of a radiogram but the small bush record player sounds far better

When I see the radiogram playing. With the dial lit up. It takes me straight back to being a young boy at my grandmothers house. Listening to music and being told I wasn’t to touch the radiogram only adults were to operate it
I have ordered a selections of different cogs for radio controlled cars. S I am hopping I can make one of them fit . It’s the only part of the radiogram showing any age. I had it apart today to clean off and re grease everything. Even the motor rubbers look like they are new. I also cleaned all the switches and the sound now is completely different.
Old 16th Jan 2020, 12:06 pm   #22
William275
Triode

Default Re: Another Ferguson Radiogram 387RG.

Just thought I’d give an update on my broken cog on the selection knob of the radiogram, I have managed to find someone who is willing to make a replacement out of brass,so hopefully that will be a permanent fix. If anyone is ever in the front on area of Essex. I have found a great record shop it’s the st Helena hospice. Music shop. It sells all used records and cds and dvds. And it’s packed full of all years. I popped in yesterday and ended up buying 20 1960s 45s all £1. Each. Also an old 45 storage box for £4. All much cheaper than ebay
Closed Thread