UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jan 2012, 8:54 pm   #1
kalee20
Dekatron

Default Forum search facility

I'm wondering how the 'search' facility works, with multiple words?

Really, I'm looking for info on Bentley Acoustic, who sold valves. I searched 'bentley' (hoping case insensitive) and it came up with two pages. Not wanting to trawl through all threads, I then searched 'bentley acoustic' and came up with ten pages!

Apparently, from looking at threads that the search found, the search finds threads with word1 OR word2 OR word 3 etc. But, I wanted an AND facility.

I tried searching for ' "bentley acoustic" ' (ie enclosing my quote text in quotes), still no luck! And there's nothing in the 'advanced search' either.
Old 26th Jan 2012, 9:51 pm   #2
Andrewausfa
Octode

Default Re: Forum search facility

I don't think the AND operator works.

I've always used Google advanced search as VRRR seems quite well indexed.

This should work if you copy and paste into Google, removing the speech marks

"bentley acoustic site:https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum"

Andrew
Closed Thread