UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Aug 2014, 8:29 pm   #1
fastpete
Triode

Default Taylor 45C Question

After using a Windsor 45b for the last few months, I decided to upgrade to the 45c. It arrived today . Serial number : 330443.

After a bit of a clean, it looks to be in very good condition.

On my 45B, when the filament voltage is set, it lights the valve no matter what position the test switch is in. I noticed on the 45C that the valve doesn't light up on either "Element Shorts" or "Fil. Continuity". All of the other settings work well.

Is this normal operation for the 45c?
Old 9th Aug 2014, 8:34 am   #2
Freya
Octode

Default Re: Taylor 45C Question

If you take a look at the individual process circuit diagrams for the 45C it shows the heater winding is not in use for these tests.
hope this helps
Old 9th Aug 2014, 11:20 am   #3
fastpete
Triode

Default Re: Taylor 45C Question

Great, many thanks for that.
Closed Thread