UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2021, 9:07 pm   #1
SPEEDLINE
Diode

Default Sony TA E1000ESD issues

I’m trying to restore a Sony ta e1000esd pre amp , it’s in amazing physical condition , however it won’t output any sound unles it’s in Dolby surround mode , and even then only the front 3 channels , in all other modes , there’s no sound output at all, another fault , and I’m not sure if it’s linked , is that all the inputs seem to be linked , I.e I can plug a certain player into the cd inputs and press the tuner button to select the tuner input , and the cd sound is still heard , and vice versa if I plug a tuner in and press the cd source button I can still hear the tuner .
It also sounds a bit distorted for the first minute or so when I switch it on , then when it’s warmed up it sounds perfect.
Any help would be massively appreciated, I have the service manual and a small amount of electronics knowledge
Thanks in advance 👍
Old 10th May 2021, 5:50 pm   #2
Analogue man
Hexode

Default Re: Sony TA E1000ESD issues

I would clean all the switches with switch cleaner as a good starting point.
Old 11th May 2021, 12:48 pm   #3
Beobloke
Heptode

There aren't really any switches to speak of as it's all electronically controlled.

Function switching is carried out by an LC7821 analogue switch IC, so there's a good chance this has failed.
Old 13th Jun 2021, 5:17 pm   #4
SPEEDLINE
Diode

Thank you.

I have managed to source a replacement IC for this so will give it a try and report back.
Closed Thread