UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2019, 11:09 am   #1
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

Default Vintage Radio Auction Chorley 9-6-19

Rusbridge's Mission Up North is on again, and the auction will be on Sunday 9th June 2019 at our Hoghton venue, just to the North East of Chorley in sunny Lancashire. Sale will start at about 12:30 pm. All welcome - no need to be a member of anything. We take debit card payments or cash.

Cornish pasties will be specially exported for the occasion, this time made without milk so the boss doesn't have to go hungry (you won't notice the difference). Sandwiches and crisps available too.

There were bargains to be had at the last sale and I see no reason to expect any different this time. There will be a wide mix of items for sale because Rusbridge is really getting into the swing of clearing out his sheds. Catalogue should appear in preliminary form by 2nd June on the web site http://www.steamradios.com

Sorry to anyone who emailed and is still awaiting a reply. I've been ill for far too long and got behind with everything. Catching up slowly. They say cats have nine lives, well I'm on my third. Meow.

Not too late for entries. Everyone has some things which they rescued but are never going to have the time or inclination to sort out. This would be a good chance to re-home them.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in person for what promises to be a grand day out. Nobody will be more glad to be there than I will be, I suspect.
Old 29th May 2019, 11:55 am   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Vintage Radio Auction Chorley 9-6-19

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to this, as I am currently deemed medically unfit to drive. It also means I won't be in a position to enter any lots.
Old 29th May 2019, 1:02 pm   #3
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

Don't worry, Dave. You'll be back next time. Meantime, do your best to get yourself out from "under the doctor". It's not a great place to be!
Old 29th May 2019, 1:27 pm   #4
Big Al...
Tetrode

Hi Rob
Good to hear that you are on the mend, I will be at the auction on the 9th to buy more lots..Wish you every success.
Regards Big Al
Old 29th May 2019, 1:30 pm   #5
Radio Wrangler

I've got some holiday off work booked and am doing a combined foray to visit the family in Yorkshire and get to Hoghton.

Hope your health things go well - both Dave and Rob.

Having had a squint on Google Earth, there doesn't seem to be an obvious venue.... any clues?

David

Last edited by Radio Wrangler; 29th May 2019 at 1:39 pm.
Old 29th May 2019, 3:49 pm   #6
Hoveradio
Pentode

This should get you there.
Hoghton Village Hall, PR5 0SG
John
Old 5th Jun 2019, 5:39 pm   #7
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

I have taken the decision that this will be the last Rusbridge vintage radio auction. It's been great fun, but it's time to stop. Don't miss this sale. Spread the word to anyone you know in the area! Lots of stuff to sell, and virtually no reserve prices. All sorts of stuff. Preliminary catalogue out this very evening on the web site http://www.steamradios.com
Many thanks to all our helpers, buyers and sellers. It's been great and I love it up north, but it's time to admit that I have fallen completely, hopelessly and inexplicably out of love with vintage radios. I've tried everything to rekindle the heater which used to burn brightly within the cathode of my soul but it's stone cold, and has been for quite a long time now.
So for this one last blaze of glory, let's have a cracking sale and a great day out in the frozen north!
Old 5th Jun 2019, 5:54 pm   #8
Big Al...
Tetrode

Hi Rob
Will see you on Sunday and am already looking forward to the pasty/s. Hope you have a good attendance of us Northerners and that we all spend freely.
Regards Big Al
Old 5th Jun 2019, 6:51 pm   #9
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I'm sorry to hear that this is to be the last of these auctions, especially as I won't be able to attend - unless by some miracle someone is able to offer me a lift from West Cumbria (and no, I'm not expecting a miracle).
Old 6th Jun 2019, 11:22 am   #10
Radio Wrangler

I should be there. About to head South for a few days chez my father, and the auction.

If I can find my callsign badge, it's GM4ZNX. Yorkshire accent despite the callsign!

David
Old 6th Jun 2019, 2:59 pm   #11
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Rob, with great regret I will miss this event again as I shall be on holiday.
Anyone out there who could bid for me and store until Golbourne or is travelling towards Newcastle?

Cheers, Ed
Old 8th Jun 2019, 8:57 am   #12
YoungManGW
Hexode

Rob,
I aim to be there. If you have any pasties without animals in 'em, please put my name on a couple. Many thanks.
Regards,
Richard
Old 9th Jun 2019, 8:28 am   #13
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

I am afraid we don't have any pasties without bits of animal in them. The Royal Cornwall Show was going on and the bakery was completely full of cakes and pasties to go up there, so I had enough grief getting hold of the regular sort. I do have a couple of packs of cheesy sandwiches though. I just said hello to them as they sit in the fridge!
Old 9th Jun 2019, 8:37 am   #14
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

We have more lots than the catalogue says we do. There are 22 to come this morning, and we already have some nice valves. Pictures appended! Lot 113, 6 KT88s, used. Lot 114, 6 KT66s, used. Lot 115, 2 EL34s new in boxes, Lot 116 4 EL34s, used. Lot 117 5 KT66s, used. Lot 118, 2 Marconi KT66s, lightly used. Lot 119, 5 Mullard ECC83s, new in Kredlepack boxes, short-plates. (Pictures of Lot 118 to follow on next post, and there aren't any pictures of Lot 119!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lot113.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	184734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lot114.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	184735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lot115.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	184736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lot116.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	184737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lot117.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	184738  

Old 9th Jun 2019, 8:40 am   #15
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

Here's the picture of Lot 118. We have email here if anyone wants to make a bid from afar! Use robrusbridge (at) yahoo.co.uk and all should be well. If anything else particularly juicy turns up, I will point the phone at it and post a picture!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lot118.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	184739  
Old 9th Jun 2019, 9:13 am   #16
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

Got stuff! Even looks like an auction. Now we need some buyers. Over to you!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190609_084318.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	184740   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190609_084332.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	184741   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190609_084348.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	184742   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190609_084404.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	184743   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190609_084505_862.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	184744  

Old 9th Jun 2019, 9:25 am   #17
Radio Wrangler

ETA 2 hours

David
Old 9th Jun 2019, 10:21 am   #18
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I hope you have a brilliant successful day to finish Rusbridge's Auctions in style.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 9th Jun 2019, 5:12 pm   #19
YoungManGW
Hexode

Very many thanks to Rob for putting on and running this auction - I hope it worked out okay financially - and to the helpers for holding stuff up. Sad to see so many lots unsold, or sold at very, very low prices. I wonder whether, as a hobby, we expect at times to get far too much for far too little.
Regards,
Richard
Old 9th Jun 2019, 5:37 pm   #20
Radio Wrangler

I had a great day out, well worth the trip down from Scotland. I've now got a Hacker Helmsman as a project and it's in the same colour scheme as my Herald.

Boater Sam and Alan worked hard holding up the lots (well, those that could be lifted).

Some audio valves would never realise their potential prices in the room, they really needed a room full of rabidly competing audio nutters, so not saving them for the internet was the right thing to do.

Having heard of people just leaving the organisers to clear up afterwards, I made a point of sticking around to help stow tables and load the trailer.

It was great meeting people.

Rob ran a fine auction with good humour.

David