UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2019, 11:58 am   #1
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Thread Closed?

This thread is not labeled as closed but if I try to reply to it I am told that it is closed. I'm surprised that it has been closed.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...82#post1143482

Peter
Old 8th May 2019, 12:04 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Thread Closed?

It was closed because the person starting it requested that. I will reopen it.
Old 8th May 2019, 12:21 pm   #3
Scimitar
Heptode

Can you please explain why threads get closed? It doesn't happen on any other forum that I have been on and it just seems un-necessary to me. I know it's the way things are done here but I would at least like to understand what the benefit is meant to be.
Old 8th May 2019, 1:05 pm   #4
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Possibly they get closed to being off topic or going forever.
Old 8th May 2019, 2:37 pm   #5
AC/HL
Dekatron

The rules governing the running of the forum are there to ensure smooth running. They're revised occasionally, but the latest version is available at the top of every page for reference.

Regarding closing of threads: offered, wanted and transport threads are closed when the requirement is satisfied, and deleted eventually. Other threads are not normally closed manually, unless requested by the OP, but the system closes them automatically when they become dormant.

Any thread can be reopened upon request. The procedure is the same as reporting a thread for any other reason, by clicking on the red triangle.

Old threads remain visible as an archive, can be searched for reference, and linked to if relevant.
Closed Thread