UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jun 2018, 12:24 pm   #1
vinyl-newbie
Retired Dormant Member

Default Arena Lab 80

Hi.

I have recently found an Arena Lab 80 in my parents' loft which I would love to get going if possible. It seems in good condition (to my completely novice eye) but is missing a stylus.

I have attached photos. If anyone knows what stylus I would need to get it would be hugely appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5935.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	164976   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5936.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	164977  
Old 21st Jun 2018, 12:43 pm   #2
music-centre
Heptode

Default Re: Arena Lab 80

Hi.

It will be determined by the cartridge fitted (part the Stylus fits into) can you see a number on it?
Old 21st Jun 2018, 1:49 pm   #3
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

That looks like a Pickering V15 (not Shure V15) series. Modern Pickering styli should fit. Otherwise, the AT95 seems to be the default get-you-going choice these days.
Old 21st Jun 2018, 2:20 pm   #4
PsychMan
Octode

That body looks the same as the Stanton 500, and they are practically identical cartridges. If you couldn't find a pickering stylus you should be able to find plenty cheap Stanton 500 styli on ebay and it looks like it would fit that body just fine.
Old 21st Jun 2018, 2:57 pm   #5
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

For future reference, your record playing deck is in fact a Garrard Lab 80. It was packaged into a wooden plinth and sold under the Arena brand.