UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Oct 2021, 5:49 pm   #1
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default The Anglepoise lamp.

I know that some people here are fans of Anglepoises [just _what_ is the correct collective noun?] and such people might be interested that there's a book been written about the history and design.

See a review here: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...design-classic

[A family friend - who was no fan of the Anglepoise - referred to it as the 'Anglepose' and a certain type of faux-literary-types who had them as desk lamps to illuminate the scene of their latest crime-against-creative-fiction as 'Angleposeurs']

Last edited by G6Tanuki; 26th Oct 2021 at 5:54 pm.
Old 27th Oct 2021, 10:31 am   #2
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: The Anglepoise lamp.

I have rescued an old desk lamp at work which I repaired and successfully put it through a PAT test.

Its an old UK model from a company called Anglepoise Lighting Ltd. Model 99.
Old 27th Oct 2021, 11:16 am   #3
Herald1360
Dekatron

Weren't the original Anglespoise manufactured by Terrys the spring people, not "Anglepoise Lighting Ltd"?
.........O..Chris....O
Old 27th Oct 2021, 11:18 am   #4
Electronpusher0
Nonode

We have 3 of them , model 90, bought cheap at car boots and restored. 2 of them are used as bedside lamps.
If you want to use an LED bulb you have to select with care, most are too heavy and upset the balance. Poundshop ones funnily enough are perfect.

Peter
Old 27th Oct 2021, 12:23 pm   #5
McMurdo
Dekatron

After inquiring with Anglepoise about a replacement knuckle joint for mine, I received an 'upgrade' kit in the post which included easy-grip thumbwheel adjustment thingies, all compliments of the company.