UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jan 2022, 2:38 pm   #1
ms660
Dekatron

Default Post Edit ?

Some of the posts I submitted that have made it to the forum in the last 15 minutes or so of typing this can't be edited, why is that ?

Lawrence.
Old 23rd Jan 2022, 8:51 pm   #2
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Post Edit ?

Not sure about the exact time period but it has always been the case that posts can only be edited for a finite amount of time after the initial post. This is to avoid the confusion which would ensue if someone made a post, ten people replied to it in detail and the OP then edited and completely changed the wording or sense of their original post.

I wish the interval was a bit longer though, as I often re-read something I have posted only to spot a 'double-the' or some other obvious error which I never seem to notice at any time prior to hitting 'submit'.

If your post contains something which with hindsight, you realise is a misleading or dangerous error you can always flag up the post to a mod using the red triangle icon (lower left) and explain in detail exactly what it was which was wrong, and what you want it changed to. I have always found the mods very helpful in cases like this but I don't trouble them for mere spelling mistakes.
Closed Thread