UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Dec 2017, 4:35 pm   #1
Peter.G0DRT
Pentode

Default German Radio Valves.

Some time ago I found a site giving details of how to resurrect defunct valves as shown.This was done by removing the faulty valve and fitting B7G or B9A valves etc inside the existing casing.
I have searched the internet but with no luck.Has anyone any info on this?

Peter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1066.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	153883  
Old 12th Dec 2017, 5:36 pm   #2
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: German Radio Valves.

What era is this? I have lots of German Grundig sets and they all have 'normal' European valves.
Old 12th Dec 2017, 5:56 pm   #3
turretslug
Dekatron

17/41 and 34/37 are likely to be week/year date-codes. There were certainly wire-ended versions of some B7g/B9a valves made for high-reliabilty use, e.g. the wire-end EF91 and EL821 equivalents here, that would lend themselves to this sort of rebuilding.
Old 12th Dec 2017, 9:24 pm   #4
Cobaltblue

These look like German Military valves you can find them on Radiomuseum.
The RL2T2 is a 1.9V filamenet battery valve https://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_rl2t2.html

Cheers

Mike T
Old 12th Dec 2017, 10:18 pm   #5
Gridiron
Heptode

The RV2 P800 was used in all stages of the WW2 Wehrmacht Torn Eb radio, probably the most well known German military receiver (also used by the Luftwaffe)
Mike.
Old 13th Dec 2017, 9:51 am   #6
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

I've been reading this thread with interest. Although I don't have any German equipment, I do have a number of this style of valve in my valve collection. I don't recall ever seeing an article on 'restuffing' this type of valve, but it can't be too hard to devise a method if you have the original defective valve to start off. I guess the starting point is identifying its characteristics to find a suitable relacement type. I wonder if the wire-ended types, usually Russian, might be easier to install than a conventional valve-base?

Andy
Old 13th Dec 2017, 11:47 am   #7
Peter.G0DRT
Pentode

Although I have details of the characteristics of these valves I have no plans to fit alternative types.If I had a radio for which these were designed for (wishful thinking) I would give it a go.I had the details from the internet in my documents but I guess they got deleted at some time.As mentioned it shouldn't be too difficult to find some matches or near matches as alternatives,possibly wire ended types.
Peter.
Closed Thread