UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 14th Jun 2021, 9:46 am   #1
dragonser
Heptode

Default Digital Microcomputers and Memory Book

Hi,
while sorting out I found a book Digital Microcomputers and memories.
order code eb-20912-20
Free, but you would need to cover postage. I will run a hat in case more than one person is interested...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2021digitalbook.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	235867  
Old 20th Jun 2021, 3:43 pm   #2
nicam49
Pentode

Default Re: Digital Microcomputers and Memory Book

Wow! 1980-ish...I've still got a RL02 diagnostic pack stashed away in the loft, plus some spindle ground brushes for the disk drive,and some front panel bulbs. Me a hoarder... moi?
nicam49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2021, 2:23 pm   #3
TonyDuell
Dekatron

An aside : The RL02 diagnostic pack is for signal level tests. You can do a full head alignment without it, you just need a good (normal) pack. I was one of the first, if not the first, embedded servo drives and the packs come factory-formatted with the servo information. The alignment is just to get the heads on the corresponding tracks on the 2 sides.

Remember that pair of 'toothbrushes' that were supposed to clean the pack when you loaded it? They were removed from later drives (and later still the operating motor, etc was also removed) as they did more harm than good.

I've got 2 RL01s and 2 RL02s set up in the next room. I also have a couple of RK05s, even older, with a stock of brand-new spare heads, the alignment pack, etc.

The book in question, BTW, covers the Q-bus PDP11 processors, memory boards, and I think peripherals. It is not technical by the standards of the time, but is by the standards of computer manuals now.
TonyDuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2021, 11:52 am   #4
nicam49
Pentode

I should have said the diagnostic pack contains xxdp diags.... and I'd forgotten all about that brush cycle!
Don't forget that the front panel bulbs should be 14v and not 6v ones! (else things burn out)
nicam49 is offline   Reply With Quote