UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jun 2021, 2:52 pm   #1
sabaman
Tetrode

Default McMichael 802 radio.

Hello,

I've got to let some sets go, so here is the first. A McMichael 802 motor tuned set. It's in fair condition, various marks and scratches on the cabinet but not too bad. The tuning steel cord has become detached from the tuning mechanism. Also a capacitor block(?) has come loose from the chassis. The last time I tried it (a few years ago), medium wave reception was very good and there was plenty of output but it was intermittent. I haven't tried it since. I personally haven't replaced any components. I think that one of the rear cardboard panels may also be missing? 'Penmon' mentioned on tuning dial - not seen that before (but went to visit the transmitter site ) Its service/repair history is unknown. I love it but it's too big for me to keep. Asking 100. Hope that's a fair price. Will run a hat for one week if sufficient interest. Must be collected in person (or FCS) from Portsmouth, Hampshire.

P.S. Sorry, forgot to add that I do not have the key to the door of the cabinet. Also, it may be a few days before I can answer enquiries or acknowledge interest in the item.

Thanks,

Sabaman.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00527 (2).jpg
Views:	199
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	235779   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00528 (2).jpg
Views:	175
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	235780   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00529 (2).jpg
Views:	158
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	235781   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00530 (2).jpg
Views:	166
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	235782   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00531 (2).jpg
Views:	133
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	235783  

Last edited by sabaman; 12th Jun 2021 at 2:57 pm. Reason: Addition regarding cabinet key & answering enquiries.
Old 18th Jun 2021, 3:31 pm   #2
sabaman
Tetrode

Default Re: McMichael 802 radio.

Hi,

Looks like I misjudged the asking price on this. Can I tempt anyone at 50?

Sabaman.
Old 18th Jun 2021, 8:27 pm   #3
cathoderay57
Octode

Hi Sabaman, I'd happily give you 50 for the McMichael but it would be dependent on somebody offering FCS from Portsmouth to Bristol. I've placed a request in the transportation section. Cheers, Jerry
Old 19th Jun 2021, 11:38 am   #4
sabaman
Tetrode

Hi Jerry,
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'm pleased it has found a potential new home. I'm keen for it to go fairly soon though as I really need to make some space, so I will keep the thread open for other potential buyers until payment & a confirmed collection date is made.
Kind regards,
Sabaman.
Old 21st Jun 2021, 10:27 am   #5
cathoderay57
Octode

Hi Sabaman, good news - somebody local to you has agreed to pick up the radio once I have paid for it, and then bring it north for me to RetroTech in September. Please can you PM me your preferred means of payment, address and phone number. Kind regards, Jerry
Old 21st Jun 2021, 9:42 pm   #6
sabaman
Tetrode

This radio has now been provisionally sold to Jerry. Mods, I would be grateful if you would close this thread when convenient. Thank you.

Sabaman.
Closed Thread