UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Aug 2017, 8:04 am   #1
G4YVM David
Heptode

Default 19 set help, Manchester area

I have a friend who has bought a 19 set and wishes to get it going on the air. I live in Salisbury, miles away from him in Manchester. Is there anyone up there who could offer to help him out please?

David
Old 7th Aug 2017, 10:01 am   #2
trh01uk
Octode

Default Re: 19 set help, Manchester area

David,

you should probably specify whether the WS19 is already working, and he just needs some help to connect it up, power it up, learn the controls and how to tune it up......

Or perhaps we are talking about the usual WS19 in a semi-scrap state, where lots of accessories have to be found first, and then a major restoration is required to get the set to work at all?

The difference is between a morning's work and a potentially a couple of months. I suspect anyone thinking of helping will want to know what they are letting themselves in for!

(Note: I am not offering either - I also live miles away from Manchester).

Richard
Old 7th Aug 2017, 8:07 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

More important does he/she have a Licence ?
Old 8th Aug 2017, 2:17 pm   #4
G4YVM David
Heptode

Of course he has a licence. Why would I ask for help getting an unlicenced person on air! What do yiu think I am

Anyway, im not sure of the state, thTs the problem. However, he has found help now so I THINK hes okay. Thanks for the replies tjough.

D
Closed Thread